As a writer or a reader, have you ever wanted to just talk to one of your favorite characters? Just the chance to sit and converse, not as part of the story but rather as something casual and informal to get to know them better. Well, I had the opportunity to do just that with Corsair, the infamous sky pirate captain from my award-winning steampunk historical fiction Corsair and the Sky Pirates thanks to Segilola Salami.
One of the many services she offers to independent authors is to post a one-on-one interview with a character from your book. This allowed me to further delve into the mind of my dashing yet mysterious sky pirate. You can read the whole interview HERE.
I’ve had the great opportunity to work with blogger, podcaster, and all around bookworm Segilola Salami over the past few years. She is a great supporter of independent authors like me, helping them talk about their books, WIPs, or just about their career as a writer and author. Check out the links below to see the range of services (both paid services and FREE) that she offers that might be suitable for your marketing needs:
- Click here to submit a guest post for FREE. I prefer educational posts that educate the reader. This service is suitable if you are trying to build links to your website.
- Click here now to book any content writing and online marketing services. I can write a press release for your business and distribute it. I can also write articles for your blog or your website copy.
- Click here to book your slot to appear as a guest on The Segilola Salami Show. I offer a range of marketing services to ensure that your appearance on my podcast gives you tangible results (depending on your needs).
- Click here to submit an interview featuring a character from your book of fiction for FREE. Honestly, I love reading interviews featuring the characters in a book and my blog followers do too. A link to your book page on Amazon will be included in the post
- Click here to submit an excerpt from your fiction or non-fiction book for FREE. I normally recommend about 300 – 500 words from your most engaging chapter to pique the interest of the reader. A link to your book page on Amazon will be included in the post
She also offers an email blast to her more than 6,000 subscribers to garner much needed book reviews to independently published authors. You can find out about all these services on her website or follow her on Facebook and Instagram to find out more about Segilola Salami! You can listen and subscribe to her podcasts on Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
You can pick up your copy of Corsair and the Sky Pirates at Amazon and other booksellers. You can get a signed copy at my upcoming book signing events, McKay New and Used Books in Manassas, VA, on Saturday, April 29, and Barnes and Noble Potomac Yards in Alexandria, VA, on Sunday, April 30. I hope to see you there!
Mark Piggott is an award-winning independent author of several fantasy/steampunk novels and short stories. A 23-year U.S. Navy veteran, his stories will take you from the shores of eternal Avalon to a dystopian steampunk future and other worlds.
The Forever Avalon fantasy book series—including Forever Avalon, The Dark Tides, and The Outlander War—is available online at Amazon and other booksellers. His fantasy steampunk novel, The Last Magus: A Clockwork Heart, is available through Lulu and other booksellers.
Cross over The River of Souls in a fantasy novella and the steampunk historical fiction, Corsair and the Sky Pirates from Curious Corvid Publishing. The Last Magus: Dragonfire and Steel and The Prometheus Engine: Book Four of the Forever Avalon Series, are coming soon. Stay tuned for more new fantastic stories from the imagination of Mark Piggott.